Saturday, April 24, 2010

An unexpected pleasure!

Last week I enjoyed an wonderful meal that was most unexpected. See if you can work out where I was.

I started with a glass of Champagne to settle in. I then enjoyed nice citrus flavours in a white Bordeaux with a tasty and light prawn salad. Main course was a superb 2" cut of Australian Eye Fillet cooked medium rare with a red wine sauce and lightly steamed vegetables so they were still crunchy. To accompany this I chose a glass of RockBare McLaren Vale Shiraz that went down a treat.

I must admit that I was feeling a little full at this stage so I skipped the chocolate desert and decided to finish on a selection of French cheese, including blues and bries, and washed this all down with an Australian aged Port.

After such a meal I did the only thing a decent man would do! I reclined and took a nap.

So did you work out where I was for this little feast?

I was actually enjoying the hospitality of Cathay Pacific at 40,000 feet on my way to Melbourne.

They are making it very hard to complain about airline food.

Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments but be nice, we are very sensitive!