Tuesday, December 21, 2010

That Special Wine

Wine is a very personal thing indeed so I decided to ask around our office to see what they would choose to have with family and friends this Holiday Season.

Lee Watson - Sales Manager
  • 1996 Dom Perignon
  • 2004 Valduero Reserva Magnum (Spain) 
Casey Chan - Assistant Sales Manager
"I would like to have the Van Zellers Rufo Douro Tinto 08
 Sweet nose, lovely plum fruit, slightly herbal. Versatile for matching both Chinese & Western dishes. Might go well with your Christmas Pudding too!"
Pierre Tam - Manager China
  • Syunka Irdori Junmai Daiginiyo Sake
  • 2005 Domaine Jacques Prieur Echezeaux Grand Cru 
Connie Fok - Sales Manager Spasa (Sake)
" I would like to select ' Hatsugokoro Junmai Daiginjyo '  which is full bodied with a little acidic sharpness in the flavor & a slight flower fragrance.
As this sake is on a premium level & packed in gift box, it is also good as a Christmas present as well."
 And for me? I would have to start the day sharing a bottle of 1997 Louis Roederer Cristal with my wife, then a bottle of 1990 Valduero Gran Reserva 12 year with lunch and finish the day sipping some 2006 Quinta Vale D. Maria LBV Port with my grand father.

On behalf of all of us at Saveurs I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Cheers!

Dean Aslin
Marketing Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments but be nice, we are very sensitive!